03/19/2026
The building on the southeast corner of Market and Main (102 -104 S. Main) is has one of the more unusual front facades in Ste. Genevieve. It is similar to the Anvil Saloon
Originally the property of Jean Baptiste Moreau. It was later owned by Etienne Parent dit Chauvet Dubreuil beginning in 1803. In 1844, it was purchased by Joseph Amoureux who gave it to Benjamin Amoureux. Other owners included Frank Sexauer, Garfield Thomure, Agnes Moreau, Raymond and Richard Giesler, Jettie Farlow, Odile Mecker, and Gary Smith. It has been operated as the European Entitlement store since 2010. The attached one story building to the south was added after 1945, but the exact date as not yet been found. Various businesses have used this smaller building to include as La Croix Rendezvous Café and Crafts, Colonial Thymes, Old Town Café, The Stained Glass Shop, Genevieve Java Shop, Book Station, and the Riverside Shop. Here are a couple of older pictures of the building and a more recent one.